is there a way to disable unsiged device drivers during xp pro setup? The reason i ask this is because i am having trouble installing xp because it gets to the audio hardware and just stops with the BSOD and stop: 0x0000007e message. any help would be appreciated guys. TIA

is there a way to disable unsiged device drivers during xp pro setup? The reason i ask this is because i am having trouble installing xp because it gets to the audio hardware and just stops with the BSOD and stop: 0x0000007e message. any help would be appreciated guys. TIA

Unless I'm totally not understanding your question, no, there is no way to do this, nor is there any reason to. I highly doubt that Microsoft would include any unsigned device drivers on the Windows XP disk.

As far as your problem, try removing (or disabling through BIOS if integrated on motherboard) your audio equipment. Install Windows. After you've got Windows installed, reinstall (or enable) your audio equipment and use the current version of the hardware manufacturer's drivers when promped.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.