i use windows 7 on my laptop and also have ubuntu 9.10 on my pendrive which i also use on that laptop. This is a very weird problem that i am having . ill tell you what happened.
i was using linux but need some work done in my win7 but couldnt shutdown linux so i started virtual box and booted my physical hardisk by creating a raw disk by using this
VBoxManage internalcommands createrawvmdk -filename ./Win7.vmdk -rawdisk /dev/sda

win7 booted and i got the work done then i shut it down but now when i boot my win7 normally it start and i get till the login screen i enter my pass every thing works fine but the icons never show the taskbar freezes windows asks to end explorer almost all exe's work but not explorer. help please i have tried sfc /scannow no luck.

thankx for looking into my problem. it long but i dont know where should i post it linux forum or win7 forum.but as win7 didnt work so its here. thankx

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

in taskmaneger try to end proces called explorer.exe and open it again by pressing windows+r and type explorer.exe ....see what will happen...

in taskmaneger try to end proces called explorer.exe and open it again by pressing windows+r and type explorer.exe ....see what will happen...

tried that the explorer does not shows only the wallpaper stays.(sometimes object dock).
the computer works fine in safe mode . what should i do next
..thankx for the reply..

The other solution will fix all your problems with windows 7...install linux ;)

The other solution will fix all your problems with windows 7...install linux ;)

i just love linux but still i need to run windows for its native softwares and i'll have to recover it so as to run my licensed softwares which i bought..

well, you can install linux in VirtualBox or any other virtual machines...

So what causes Windows 7 freezes? The first issue can be running your system beyond it's hardware specifications. This occurs when having too many programs open at once. If the amount of RAM in your system cannot handle it then the computer will freeze. The simple solution for this is to run fewer programs or purchase additional RAM.

Some folks ask - what if Windows 7 crashes when I run a certain program? In this case you may need to update your drivers. Often times compatibility issues can cause your computer to freeze up. You can check the Microsoft Windows website for the latest updates.

If Windows 7 freezes at random, then the problem is related to the registry. When the Windows registry is filled with errors it can't stop your system from properly communicating information. The registry contains the information your computer uses to communicate between the OS, software, and hardware devices. When the registry becomes congested with errors, the communication process breaks down

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.