while im rebooting again and again in windows cause its not working, when it says welcome in the screen, the screen goes blank, every bulb is still lit (HDD, Mouse, Keyboard) and makes tiny ticking sound in the CD drive. In CMOS i have SMART capability enabled, 1st boot device as HDD-0, 2nd as HDD-1, and 3rd as CDROM. i cant start my computer, and couldnt get into even safe mode. and now, i cant even get into CMOS! can someone help?

i have these components that worked on XP fine for a year:

RAM: 128MB
CPU: P3 800
uhhhh... basic CD ROM?

yeah i know my computer sucks, but dont give advice to buy another 1. someone tell me what to do to fix this :sad:

while im rebooting again and again in windows cause its not working, when it says welcome in the screen, the screen goes blank, every bulb is still lit (HDD, Mouse, Keyboard) and makes tiny ticking sound in the CD drive. In CMOS i have SMART capability enabled, 1st boot device as HDD-0, 2nd as HDD-1, and 3rd as CDROM. i cant start my computer, and couldnt get into even safe mode. and now, i cant even get into CMOS! can someone help?

i have these components that worked on XP fine for a year:

RAM: 128MB
CPU: P3 800
uhhhh... basic CD ROM?

yeah i know my computer sucks, but dont give advice to buy another 1. someone tell me what to do to fix this :sad:

i had similar problems with my other computer except the different users would show up on the logon screen and when i clicked one of them to log on and it would but then would log off....this happened cause i tried install sp2 but it didnt install properly same thing with safe mode no go......i ended up having to reinstall windows....chances are one of the system files for windows required for the welcome/logon screen got corrupted...you may have to reinstall windows. hope this helps.

- Dave

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.