Am trying to get a simple program to run to get it to set the default connection that i am setting up in win xp, making it in VB, need it to edit the registry to make the connection the default connection when ran. Can get it to make the connection in my network connections screen, but cant get it to set it as default, only fields i can find that change is this

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\RAS AutoDial\Default

when the program is run it changes

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\RAS AutoDial\Default with the value of what i need, but in the network connections screen, it still wont be set as default and u have to click and drag it to change, any help would be appreciated....

It appears the key you're after is HKCU\RemoteAccess. The InternetProfile key has a value of the connection that's set to default. To be clear, I'm referring to setting Internet Options-->Connections and either enabling "Dial whenever a network connection is not present" OR "Always Dial My default connection" is enabled and then you can set a default connection.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.