I have been getting an error message titled wmdc.exe-bad image "C:\Windows\system32\WSOCK32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Trying installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support".

I also get all different kinds of message like "microsoft office onenote quick launcher has stopped working...A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

And I get a windows message stating that they have found a new hardware, but i don't have anything pulled in.

I tried to uninstall microsoft office but it wont let me it says that it has been corrupted, and when i try to be the microsoft office disk in it run for a while and then says that it is corrupted. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me???? :-(

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

WSOCK32.dll is a very important dll it is used by nearly all microsoft application in some way. If you are recieving this message with many microsoft application then i would bother looking any further than first repairing this file.

You can try manually replacing it from i386 folder using safe mode.

Or just reinstall windows you dont need to format so when asked to format just select leave current operating system intact if you want to backup you data first incase of accident try www.Dmailer-backup-software.com it good and free.

One thing to try is to go to Start->all programs->accessories-> and right click on command prompt, choose to run as administrator.
Type the command: SFC /scannow and hit enter.
Let this run to try and repair the computer, if this doesn’t work, try a system restore to a few days ago and see if that resolves this issue.

okay thanks for you guys help i will look into what both of you guys said and let you know the out come.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.