Hi,

I'm dealing with this problem lately.
When I'm using firefox (3),my cpu (E7200),is overloaded!
It only happens with firefox,not with any other browser.
From an ordinary 6-7%,my cpu can reach,just in few seconds,the 100%,remaining stucked there forever!!!
I'm using windows 7 (32) ultimate.

Any idea?

P.S I'm sorry for my English!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

check your add-on's disable them one at a time and check CPU usage. Later---

So,perhaps it has something to do with add-on's.
Ok,I will try this,I hope that,it will work.
Thank you very much.

You're Welcome post back results. Later---

Well,I've disabled all add-ons,one at a time,as you said.The only difference I saw,it was when I've disabled all add-on's at once but,still cpu's indication was between 83-87%.Still,not normal I think!
Maybe it has something to do with flash...,

Well,I've disabled all add-ons,one at a time,as you said.The only difference I saw,it was when I've disabled all add-on's at once but,still cpu's indication was between 83-87%.Still,not normal...
Maybe it has something to do with flash...,I don't know!

try to check if there's any hidden program that tries to check an online server throught the firefox

Start the Task Manager program
and check if there's any unknown application is on the list, and make sure it's not important application then End its process" by hiting on this application then right click with the mouse, then choose "End Process Tree"

after you did it, check your CPU analyze, and tell me the result !

I've already checked for this.Everything seems to be fine,there are no,unknown applications,nothing unusual.
Thank you very much for your thread.

ok, try to use Firefox version 3.5.9, and Not the latest one, don't install any versions above it....

but first uninstall the current version before installing version 3.5.9

and good luck

I'm using the version 3.5.9,I know about the problems,with the latest one.
Thank you very much,once again.

I think you should try last thing, which is starting up your PC in a Safe mode with Network, and try opening the firefox, and watch your CPU statistics...!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.