Normally right clicking on a website image will give the opportunity to save it with the filename it already has - e.g. image1.jpg. Until a couple of days ago, my browser (IE6) carried out this task perfectly well. Now it only gives the option of saving the image as a BMP file with a filename of 'Untitled', and this applies to any image, photo or graphic I right-click on and try to save. While I can work around this by saving under a new filename and then re-saving later as a JPG or whatever, it is a pain and I don't understand why it has suddenly started doing this out of the blue. I thought a re-boot would set it back in place but it hasn't. Any ideas how to get it working properly again anyone?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Normally right clicking on a website image will give the opportunity to save it with the filename it already has - e.g. image1.jpg. Until a couple of days ago, my browser (IE6) carried out this task perfectly well. Now it only gives the option of saving the image as a BMP file with a filename of 'Untitled', and this applies to any image, photo or graphic I right-click on and try to save.

Per an earlier post by caperjack: When BMP is the only choice for saving pictures from the Web also holds the answer.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help with my problem. I cleared out the temp internet files and that did the trick. Although I knew the cache was getting full I had no idea it would cause that particular problem. I shall now endeavour to empty out the cache on a regular basis!

Thanks again.

in IE go to, tools /internet options /advanced ,scroll down to secruity and check off to delete temp internet files when you close the browser !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.