My computer has a Radeon HD 4350. I find that often when I turn the computer on, it will often start with 1280x720 (720p) resolution. It won't let me choose anything higher than this. However, my preferred resolution is 1440x900, which is fully supported by my monitor. It seems if I wait 30-60 minutes and click "Identify" on the resolutions page, it will restore to the desired resolution. It never does this immediately. I have the latest drivers from ATI.

Secondly, if I use "Sleep", my computer gets a BSOD. It seems this happens every time. I will get the exact error message soon enough but in the meantime, if you could think of a potential cause for this I'd appreciate it. I fear the RAM may be defective. In which case, perhaps Dell will replace it as it's under warranty?

Thanks.

Also, it's a Dell Vostro 430, with an Intel i7 CPU and 3GB of RAM.

Oh FFS, I thought I actually was getting help with this and it's a spam post—LOL!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.