I have been having tons of problems with my HP Compaq Business Desktop lately so I copied everything from HD and decided to reformat completely. I used the "HP Restore Plus" CD to erase everything, followed the instructions to put in the "MS Windows XP Pro" CD when prompted, and then it ejected and now it is frozen saying "Software is being installed for you. The system may reboot automatically. DO NOT TURN OFF POWER TO YOUR COMPUTER DURING THIS PROCESS". It has been sitting like this for hrs. What do I do? :?:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have been having tons of problems with my HP Compaq Business Desktop lately so I copied everything from HD and decided to reformat completely. I used the "HP Restore Plus" CD to erase everything, followed the instructions to put in the "MS Windows XP Pro" CD when prompted, and then it ejected and now it is frozen saying "Software is being installed for you. The system may reboot automatically. DO NOT TURN OFF POWER TO YOUR COMPUTER DURING THIS PROCESS". It has been sitting like this for hrs. What do I do? :?:

do someone know the reasen for this problem?

Have you tried a hard shut down and trying a reinstall of XP again.
Have you put the HP Restore Plus CD in again and re-run "erase" or format or what ever the HP CD calls it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.