I've got a laptop with Win 98, and every time I try to open a pdf file it says that Adobe Reader has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. It's driving me crazy. I don't know how to fix this. I've been to Microsoft's website and tried to download the updates for Win 98 but this leads me to my second question. When I try to install the updates half of them won't install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm about ready to throw the stupid laptop out of a moving car, but then I remember that the computer didn't ask to have Win 98 on it, it doesn't and I hold off in the hopes that someday it will find a user that will upgrade to Linux.

Joy!

Jeremy
kleenex88h@yahoo.com

I see where your post has received -0- replies. If you still have the laptop and still have the problem, un-install ALL references to the Adobe Reader. Then go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html and download and install a 'fresh' version. Good Luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.