Can anyone help please, a friend of mine has somehow managed to double the height of his taskbar, also date and time are permanently displayed. I tried for hours trying to revert the taskbar to it's original size, I can drag it up to 4 times original size, or down so that it's not seen. My friend also managed to move the task bar so that it ran vertically on the right hand side of the monitor, I resolved this just by using System Restore as he told me straight away. This time he was too apprehensive to ask me as he doubled the height the very next day, and left it 3 weeks to tell me, so System Restore wont go back that far, I tried. It would help if he new how he moved it in the first place, but he tells me he hasn't a clue!
Any suggestions to restore to original size would be gratefully accepted. Thanx,
Eamonn.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi, to change where the taskbar is located simply click it and hold. Then drag it to the bottom of the screen. To change the size, right click it and make sure Lock taskbar does not have a check by it. Then but your mouse on the top of the taskbar, and drag down. Let me know if that does it.

Hi, to change where the taskbar is located simply click it and hold. Then drag it to the bottom of the screen. To change the size, right click it and make sure Lock taskbar does not have a check by it. Then but your mouse on the top of the taskbar, and drag down. Let me know if that does it.

Thankyou Tayspen, I have already tried your idea and all I can manage is either doubling the size yet again, or reducing it so that the taskbar isn't visible on screen.
Eamonn.

Create a new user profile for your friend. The new account should have all the settings allright. From what you're saying here might be the user settings that became corrupt.

Hi Gemini4, thanx for your suggestion. I will try it out and think it will work. Always the easy solutions are the best and am kicking myself for not thinking of it myself.
Eamonn.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.