I have installed windows 7 in my PC and m not able to find I386 for my windows 7 please help and giud me how do i start????? please reply fast :)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

First, if you are looking for an accurate and quick reply, you should post in the correct forum category. With regard to your question, Windows XP was the last OS that used the I386 folder structure.

commented: so srryyy ws in hurry but is there any other way. i require I386 4 asp files.any other solution +0

so srryyy ws in hurry but is there any other way. i require I386 4 asp files.any other solution

What ASP files are you looking for? Where they deleted? If they are corrupted or something similar you can always apply service pack 1, or perform a system repair.

no actually i shifted 4m XP to windows 7 nd 4got to ask my computer engnr to install i386 or its replacement

no actually i shifted 4m XP to windows 7 nd 4got to ask my computer engnr to install i386 or its replacement

Not exactly sure what you are saying, but I am gathering that you performed an in-place upgrade from XP to Windows 7 and you are looking for the I386 replacement.

so this MS blog article talks about some of the changes Vista and later: http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2008/09/17/what-is-the-winsxs-directory-in-windows-2008-and-windows-vista-and-why-is-it-so-large.aspx

So I am not clear why you need the source folder. Any changes you make on your system shouldnt prompt you for new files. There is no need to copy the "i386" folder to a Windows 7 operating system, like you did in the past with Windows XP or earlier.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.