I downloaded an update for firefox but did not restart the computer, just shut down assuming when I get up in the morning & start up the computer it will do it's restart. Unfortunately I wake up to my Windows license is counterfeit. I have been validated w/no problem for years. Can anyone help me? I uninstalled firefox because the problem showed it was part of the firefox program, but when I restarted it still says I may be the victim of counterfeiting. Thank you for any help anyone of you can provide!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

hello, firefox updates automaticly ,where from and what update did you download ,
sounds like you are infected with a virus/trojan/malware ,run a full scan with your antivirus program ,also download free version of and run full scan with malwarebytes ,
mbm,removing all it finds .

Oh my! This is a first for me. I did run full scan of AVG freeware, but nothing else. Will try the malwarebytes. Thank you so very much!!

Good Morning caperjack & everyone else,
Well unfortunately malware bytes did not clear the issue despite it did fing 3 trojans & a total of 39 problems.
So, thank you so much for that.
On the other hand, any other suggestions?
Thanks to anyone that contribute.

Good Morning,
Still need help on this. Malwarebytes did not solve the problem. If I truely have to purchase a new product, is there anywhere that sells the GENUINE windows cheaper than microsoft?
Thank you for all your help ahead of time!!

hello ,what type of computer is it ,laptop or desktop ,is it a brand name like Dell/HP /Toshiba, ect ect , is it possible you have a recovery partition that you could reinstall winnows if so ,why not backup any important data ,like documents and music /movies/ ect ect and reinstall windows

hello you update your computer program. every month update your pc and you go to your pc satting refersh your pc / start your pc than you restart your pc.

Click Here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.