Hi,
After formatting my laptop and installing windows xp, after a few months, i decided to update it, but when i clicked on the icon, it identified that my windows is not genuine, and everytime i want to insall anything else, it keeps on giving me the same message and i can't install anything. I would appreciate if someone would tell me what i should do? Is it necessary to reformat the drive or uninstall windows?
Thank u

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,
After formatting my laptop and installing windows xp, after a few months, i decided to update it, but when i clicked on the icon, it identified that my windows is not genuine, and everytime i want to insall anything else, it keeps on giving me the same message and i can't install anything. I would appreciate if someone would tell me what i should do? Is it necessary to reformat the drive or uninstall windows?
Thank u

Hi,First ? is the windows install on your computer jenuine! if not, you will have to format to reload the genuine version .

Hi My Friend ;)
is your windows validate ? or you installed it with a cracked serial ?
if you know that you purchased it you can go to microsoft update site and validate your windows . but if it's cracked version , there are other ways to validate your copy .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.