Please HELP MEEEEE! I am at my wits end! I could easily dump data (usually text data) unto a printer connected to an LPT port using the following command - "print /d:LPT1: E:\tickleme.txt" but I cannot seem to do same to a printer connected to a USB (virtual port). What command do I use. How do I indicate the port in the command line. For instance in the above example, the printer port is given as LPT1 so how do I refer to a usb port. Its not just working. I have tried every thing I know. I need this help terribly and ASAP

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try the directions here.

From the control panel, see the printer you have attached to the USB port. Right click and open the properties. Open the ports tab. You will probably see a list of ports, one of which will point to the device you are interested in using (For example LPT1, COM1,...DOT4_001 etc).

You can use the device name (DOT4... for USB) to send the file. If print command does not work, simply type abc.txt > DOT4_001 , etc.

Good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.