My computer keeps crashing to the blue screen. This is the error message I get "kernel_stack_inpage_error" and then lower down "0x00000077" and then in parentheses (0xC000000E, 0xC000000E, 0x00000000, 0x014F2000).

When it happens I hear a click coming from the computer and then it works for maybe 15 seconds. I then get several clicks in rapid succession. It then crashes to the blue screen. :sad:

Thanks a lot for any help I may receive:), it's driving me mad.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Oops didn't know you weren't meant to post help threads on here.

what os, how much ram, how big hd ? And you should have posted in Tech Talk board.

I'm running Windows XP and the computer has 512 MB of DDR Ram and a 250 GB Hard Drive. And yeah, my bad, I didn't realise until I'd posted the thread. I'd be happy for you to move the thread to the tech section if you wish.

most likely your computer has a bad memory chip. you might use a memory diagnostics program to see if you need to replace the memory chips.

Either that, or you're experiencing some hard drive problems. You might want to run a ScanDisk on your hard drive to make sure everything is in order.

Microsoft says:

Troubleshooting "Stop 0x00000077" or "KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR"

This issue can occur if a requested page of kernel data could not be read from the paging file into memory, or the master boot record is infected with a virus. To further determine the possible cause, you must properly interpret the error message. If both the first and third parameters are zero, then the four parameters are defined as:

1.0 (zero)
2.Page Table Entry (PTE) value at time of error
3.0 (zero)
4.Address of signature on kernel stack

If either the first or the third parameter is not a zero, (your first is 0xC000000E) then the following definitions apply:

1.Status code -->yours is 0xC000000E
2.I/O status code -->yours is 0xC000000E
3.Page file number-->yours is 0x00000000
4.Offset into page file-->yours is 0x014F2000

If this is the case, the cause of this issue may be determined from the second parameter (the I/O status code) by using the following information that is listed in a "value of second parameter" followed by "general cause" format:

0xC000000E, or STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE: the drive went unavailable, possibly a bad hard drive, disk array, and/or controller card. <--- Your code!

0xC000009A, or STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES: lack of nonpaged pool resources.

0xC000009C, or STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR: bad blocks on the hard disk.

0xC000009D, or STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED: bad cabling, non-termination, or the controller is not able to obtain access to the hard disk.

0xC000016A, or STATUS_DISK_OPERATION_FAILED: bad blocks on the hard disk.

0xC0000185, or STATUS_IO_DEVICE_ERROR: improper termination or defective cabling of SCSI-based devices, or two devices attempting to use the same IRQ.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue, use the appropriate method:

Boot sector virus:

To determine if you have a boot sector virus, run a current virus-checking program, and if needed, disinfect your computer.

Not a boot sector virus:

View the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that help you determine the device that is causing the error.

Bad block. Stop 0x77 is caused by a bad block in a paging file, or a disk controller error, or in extremely rare cases it is caused when non-paged pool resources are unavailable.

If the first and second parameters are 0, then the stack signature was not found in the kernel stack. The cause of this issue is defective hardware. If the I/O status is C0000185 and the paging file is on a SCSI-based hard disk, you should verify the disk cabling and SCSI termination.

If the I/O status code is 0xC000009C or 0xC000016A, this normally indicates that the data could not be read from the disk due to a bad block.

If you can restart your computer after the error message, Autochk runs automatically and tries to map out the bad sector. If for some reason Autochk does not scan the hard disk for errors, manually start the disk scanner. If your computer is formatted with the NTFS file system, run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. You must restart your computer before the disk scan begins. If you cannot start your computer due to this issue, use the Command Console and run Chkdsk /r.

Defective or unreliable random access memory (RAM) is another common cause of this issue.

Verify that all the adapter cards in your computer are properly seated.

Ensure that all adapter card contacts are clean.

Disable system caching in the BIOS to see if this resolves the error.

If this does not resolve the issue, your computer mainboard may be damaged.

In other words, scan for viruses (boot sector is first thing to be scanned) and run chkdsk /f /r to rule out the bad sector. This will take long time and you'll have to reboot the PC to check the disk.

I suggest that you enter recovery console (boot with windows setup disc and press -r when prompted, also prepare f6 drivers if needed) and run the "chkdsk /r" from there. It is more reliable.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.