Ok, i recently tried reformating my PC to which i thought i did a good job. Problem is i have my drive partitioned from C: down to H:. When i went to reinstall Windows instead of it overwriting it on my C: drive it installed a new copy on D:.

I'm just wondering how i can sort this out because obviously i dont need it on both and its taking up its fair share of room.

Cheers...

Ok, i recently tried reformating my PC to which i thought i did a good job. Problem is i have my drive partitioned from C: down to H:. When i went to reinstall Windows instead of it overwriting it on my C: drive it installed a new copy on D:.

I'm just wondering how i can sort this out because obviously i dont need it on both and its taking up its fair share of room.

Cheers...

hi,Start over ,when windows boots does it boot to c:\,if yes right click on H:\ and click format ,to remove the last install ,then put your windows cd in and boot computer to format and reinstall windows on C:\,make sure to pick the right partition this time .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.