I have this program on my desktop that is somehow ended here, but I can't delete it on easy way (right click, delete) cause it says it's full write protected or in use(but it's not in use). How to delete it forcely

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

try to delete it from under safe mode.

if safe mode doesn't work get hijackthis if you don't have it all ready and in the configuration .misc tools section you will find delete file on reboot ,just direct it to the file on your desktop.
hijackthis download .
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/hijackthis.zip

I have this program on my desktop that is somehow ended here, but I can't delete it on easy way (right click, delete) cause it says it's full write protected or in use(but it's not in use). How to delete it forcely

you can try to uninstall it from safe mode and if you are not able to do that follow these steps
1. click on start> run> type in "msconfig"
2. In system configuration utiity window select the selective startup
3. uncheck load startup items
4. under the services tab click on hide all microsoft services
5. now you will be left with the third party services. click on disable all to disable them and click on apply and restart the computer
6 now try to uninstall it from add remove programs
and after restart in the system configuration utitility window select normal startup and restart the computer
if in the load startup items you are able to find the file that loads that software note the registry key for that item and in the registry editor you can also remove that entry

you can try to uninstall it from safe mode and if you are not able to do that follow these steps
1. click on start> run> type in "msconfig"
2. In system configuration utiity window select the selective startup
3. uncheck load startup items
4. under the services tab click on hide all microsoft services
5. now you will be left with the third party services. click on disable all to disable them and click on apply and restart the computer
6 now try to uninstall it from add remove programs
and after restart in the system configuration utitility window select normal startup and restart the computer
if in the load startup items you are able to find the file that loads that software note the registry key for that item and in the registry editor you can also remove that entry

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.