Greetings Everyone,
About couple weeks ago, I had this problem with my pc: It was some sort of virus(I think) that encroached my computer and almost destroy my drive. The only choice I had was to format the disk and reinstall Win XP. It worked and went successfully all the way to completion. Tho I lost some of my data and files. And also a new problem appears 2-3 days after the XP installation. It is wierd, it had never happened before. The computer still runs when I click the Start button but after I click the shut down button, the arrow turns to the loading thing and the screen or the computer freezes tho the screen doesn't turn black, it just freezes. I gave it 5 mins but still no response then the only option I had was to press the Ctrl Alt Delete button, there is an option on the top of the task manager which allows me to click turn off/stand by/etc.. from that time on, I have to do the same process, open task manager and turn off, there is also another problem, after I press the shut down button from task manager, the computers runs normally, tho when it runs along to the windows shutting down screen, i have to wait at least 3-5 mins for it to shut down. It really annoys me. any help will be appreciated.
sorry for the bad written English.

my comp info:
Dimension 4550 (4 years)
Window XP home edition SP2
1GB Ram
60GB disk space.
I m not at home so i can't remember the exact details.

Contributors
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by coolvision

I think 1st try to restore your system to the last best working system date, and if this not solve your problem then just reinstall your window.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.