Groovymarlin 0 Newbie Poster

Environment: WMP 10 (10.00.00.3802), Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, SP2, HP xw4300 Workstation (P4 3.0GHz with 1.0 GB of RAM).

This is a nagging, annoying problem that I only seem to have at work in Windows Media Player 10. I have fiddled with settings and so forth but I can't seem to figure out why it does this.

1. I insert a CD (any CD)
2. CD always shows up as "Unknown Album," "Unknown Artist," with "Track 1," "Track 2," etc.
3. I click the Find Album Info link in the lower right corner
4. This connects to metaservices.windowsmedia.com, which (most of the time) finds the correct album info
5. Following the instructions on screen ("If this is correct, click Finish to update your Media Library"), I click Finish
6. It goes back to the Now Playing view, still says "Unknown Album," "Unknown Artist," etc.
7. Also, the information doesn't seem to update to my media library

Why is it doing this? SO annoying! I usually end up manually going into the display in Now Playing and typing in the names of the tracks, which is a drag because of course that information never gets saved.

I appreciate any tips, tricks, etc. I've attached a screenshot just for reference.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.