Hello just recently I decided to dual boot Windows and Ubuntu. After I got both up and running I went to start configuring everything in Windows. Everything is working fine in the Windows world except for one thing. Sound. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but still no luck. I keep getting a message in Device Manager notifying me of a PCI Device not working.

After doing some searching and reinstalling my copy of Lavalys Everest and checking to see what it picks up for the PCI. I have come to determine that it is the audio card in my laptop as that is one of the devices listed under it.

The device is the Intel 82801FBM ICH6-M. How can I get this to properly install so I can use it? Are there drivers I can get for it or am I better off reinstalling Windows?

Before you blow a gasket or burn out a bearing, check the audio mixer settings. The install of the other software may have set it to all the way down.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.