Member Avatar for kiamzattu

Hi Every1

This is my Computer Configuration

Mainboard : Asus A7V400-MX
Chipset : VIA KM400
Processor : AMD Athlon MP @ 1333 MHz
Physical Memory : 512 MB (2 x 256 DDR-SDRAM )
Video Card : VT82C570 MV IDE Controller KM400 Graphics Adapter

Network Card : VT82C570 MV IDE Controller VT6102 Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

Bios : Phoenix Technologies, LTD

Manufacturer : Phoenix Technologies, LTD

Version : A7V400-MX ACPI BIOS Revision 1007
Motherboard ID : 12/01/2004-KM400A-8235-A7V400MX-00

My Question is What is a BIOS file, what wil b the extnsion of such BIOS files,How can i Update it
and from where can i get the update file ?

Thanks
Anand

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

BIOS is motherboard-specific.

Visit ASUS' website, hit up their Support or Downloads section, and plug in your motherboard's name/id/product name/whatever is used to identify ASUS motherboards.

Updating steps also differ from motherboard manufacturer to manufacturer. ASUS' website will provide step-by-step instructions on updating your BIOS.

Hey Thanks a lot

anbullet, upgrading your BIOS code is not something to be taken lightly - if the flash goes wrong your sys may not start at next reboot. Pretty much, your current BIOS code would be well capable of handling your devices - only if you were considering a major device upgrade that was outside the capabilities of your current BIOS would you bother upgrading it.

OK I'll be Careful, Think its better to Leave my BIOS as it is.... Thank you for ur advice

BIOS upgrades are released to fix problems or add functionality. If a fix has been issued, it is a good idea to upgrade.

They are pretty good about not frying boards these days. And, if you have a namebrand board, should be helpful in replacing it if things do go south.

just bear in mind that you NEVER turn off your pc when it is updating the BIOS.

Thank u all for ur replies...
Ur suggestions were really useful, Now that i Know how to update my BIOS i think i'll give it a try keepin in Mind ur Suggestions.

Thank u all Once Again

Anand

and hope like hell that the power stays on, or ....
Anyway, nothing will fry, it is just that if something is working fine, then why try to fix it? With attending risks. Up to you.

I hope you get this befor you try to update.

If you do then make sure you backup your current bios just incase you update using the wrong data for your bios.

when you go to flash your bios it will ask you if you want to create a backup.

Well i just seen the posting dates im sure you updated by now o well hope this will help someone else

not all pcs will ask you to backup

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.