Hi everyone. When I boot, the folder (program files) always opens. I have been patient for a year now with this but how do I change it. I have changed the folder name and tried to search out how to customize startup. Hmmm :-| can you help. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi everyone. When I boot, the folder (program files) always opens. I have been patient for a year now with this but how do I change it. I have changed the folder name and tried to search out how to customize startup. Hmmm :-| can you help. Thanks

If you are working on windows 98/ME/2K/or XP Click on"

1. Start
2. Programs
3. Then startup, if it has the folder removing like the usual removing on an icon right click then delete.

Another 1.

Click on:

1. "Start"
2. "Run"
3. Type "msconfig"
4. Click on the Startup tab

uncheck all the boxes then restart your PC.

1. "Start"
2. "Run"
3. Type "msconfig"

Umm... No.

Doing this will disable nearly everything in your PC. Don't be surprised if your Antivirus software won't work, you can't dial up to the Internet, or if you can't print.

Instead, check out this thread:
http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/pid/779/qid/395281

It looks like there's a bunch of suggestions on this topic.

Another 1.

Click on:

1. "Start"
2. "Run"
3. Type "msconfig"

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure you don't uncheck everything!

I agree this made my day that is some funny stuff man I am not making fun of him but, just how he worded it made all the difference in the world. Good stuff haha

I don't think this thread needs another comment but !
you guys spoiled all the fun!:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.