friend of mine said that she has been getting a error message when she opens her email program.Her os is xp home and her email program is "outlook". she has stated that when she opens outlook she gets a message that certain "dlls" are missing or corrupt. Would a search of the recovery program install the baddies?:?:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for Dukane

Use the CD that she installed the software with originally to do a "repair" install which will replace missing or corrupted files and [hopefully] set everything straight once again.

Great ideal except this is one of those machines that the E-Machines didn't include a repair or recovery disc. Is it possible that she could copy her recovery partition to a disc and use that to repair? Her husband is talking about just going and buying her another computer. Her son has repaired this machine several tmes and always puts a lot of "junk" on it that she doesn't want or needs, so she really doesn't want him to have a try at it again.

Try this. If it is possible to open the recovery partition to the i386 folder....
-Open an Explorer window, search for msoe50.inf -the default location for this file is in the C:\Windows\Inf folder.
-Right click the Msoe50.inf file, and then click Install.
-in the window that opens browse to the I386 folder in the recovery partition, click Open, and then click OK.
The Outlook Express files are installed.

-search for wab50.inf -the default location for this file is in the C:\Windows\Inf folder.
-Right-click the Wab50.inf file, and then click Install.
-in the window that opens browse to the I386 folder in the recovery partition, click Open, and then click OK.
The Outlook Express address book is installed.
May work. Should.... I've just modified the instructions slightly cos normally you get the files off a cd. But all it wants is the location of em.
Say how you go.

Thanks guys for the help on this. Don't know what she or her husband did but she says everything is fine now. Again Thanks for the help and advice.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.