I just installed WMP 11, but I was having this same problem with WMP 10. When I attempt to burn a CD from my burn list, I get the following pop-up message:

"Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted."

I can play every song in my library on the WMP, so I know they haven't been deleted. I've also gone to Microsoft Support and tried all their recommendations (defragmenting, checking recording device tab, changing the burn speed, etc).

What else can I do to fix this problem? Thanks!

Craig

HP Pavillion a300n
256 mb
2.6ghz
40gb

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Go to control panel performance and maintenance if in category veiw then system.if in classic veiw click system click system.then hardware go to device manager click the + next to IDE Atapi controllers.Right click the controllers then properties click advance settings make sure they are set to DMA.

Yes, they are all set to DMA. Still getting same pop-up window.

Craig

What Name and model is the burner?

It's the HP CD writer that came with the computer (internal writer).

Craig

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.