I've been having a problem with the way Window XP handles navigation from folder to folder. When I open subfolders then back up into higher level folders, Windows opens a new window instead of backing into the previously opened folder window. This results in (often many) duplicate folder windows open in Explorer. I can just go back and close them, but it's annoying and time consuming. I looked, but can't find any setting that would overide this and I know that it didn't used to be a problem. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

In My computer go to 'Tools' and click Folder option> here in 'browse folder' section mark the 'open each folder in same window' and click ok.

Let me know what happens then..

I thought of that before and just double checked. The option was already set, but I tried setting it again to no avail. Any other ideas?

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

No more ideas now...wait may any other member helps you to troubleshoot that problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.