My pc shut down yesterday, my brother put in a new system restore check point which hasn't done any good and now I can't get any previous check points to restore my pc the way it was. Lost all my photos music etcs
can any one help me please
Lel xx

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Where did you store your photos and music files?

hi there
i had them in a nikon view folder i downloaded it with the camera and my music was in itunes. Itunes comes up but my library is empty
lesley x

In that case if you have not overwritten that folder, you can use some data recovery tools and get it back. Although there is not guarantee of getting 100% data back.

is there anyway of getting a system restore point back or si there other data recovery thing i can use
any help gladly appreciated
cheers lesley x

system restore is ==not== for recovering files and folders. it is there to fix what software did to your drivers & .dll's, etc.

use window's search for pictures and limit it to between certain dates - betcha you'll find your stuff.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.