windows xp recovery feature wont kick off. It says press R to start recovery and the the windows director comes up like this 1: Windows/ so I press "1" and then nothing happens. so i tried pressing enter after that and it goes back to c:/windows and nothing else happens. Do you know what I can do to get it to kickoff? The reason I am doing this is windows wont start under safe mode or any of the other options offered.

windows xp recovery feature wont kick off. It says press R to start recovery and the the windows director comes up like this 1: Windows/ so I press "1" and then nothing happens. so i tried pressing enter after that and it goes back to c:/windows and nothing else happens. Do you know what I can do to get it to kickoff? The reason I am doing this is windows wont start under safe mode or any of the other options offered.

there is nothing to kick off you need to know what to type in ,if you type in help you will get a list of commands to use ,but you need to know what it is you are trying to repair .

You might want to try a repair install of you OS if you have a full version of winxp
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.