how do u format xp so i can put windos ME in

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Have you tried simply booting from the ME installation disk and starting the install, or is ME having trouble installing over the existing XP partition?

i just want to format drive c

sorry i just found the product key to 98 and i will install that instead
but im still having trouble installing that i forgot how to format the c drive

i think its have trouble installing over it

i need help at this moment because in formating it now

We're not an 'always on call' free service, I'm afraid, and if you start doing something before you actually receive assistance you could end up with a mess.

If your Windows XP installation has been formatted to NTFS file system, then you'll need to delete the partition and create a new FAT32 partition in its place before you can format it for Windows 98 or Windows Me.

Why would you want to get rid of a really good Windows version and replace it with a crappy one anyway?

i am having problems with it

how do u creat a partion?

Boot from a Windows 98 startup diskette, use 'FDISK' to delete the partition(s) and then to create a new one(s) in its place.

Then format.

i dont know much

Hi, i formated windows xp succesfully.but its unable to install realone&windows media players from the installation cd .now im unable to open any cd from my system since the time i tried to installing these players.what should i do?

Hi, i formated windows xp succesfully.but its unable to install realone&windows media players from the installation cd .now im unable to open any cd from my system since the time i tried to installing these players.what should i do?

Hi and welcome to Daniweb,
You have hijacked a very old thread (Aug 29th, 2004)
Please start your own thread and try to be clear as to what you have done.
I have formatted XP successfully = I have deleted my windows XP instalation from my drive by formatting it.
I am unable to open any CD.. You now do not have an operating system to open any CD.

Go to the thread at the start of (Windows NT / 2000 / XP) and read about formatting and installing XP. If you still need help after that, start your own thread and supply a lot of information about your machine, OS and what you are trying to do.

Good luck.

how to format a pentium 3 PC? what are the compatible OS on it?

Please read post #9

there is no problem with operating system.The problem came when im installing the players.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.