Hi. I'm trying to avoid a total WinXP reinstall. I've kept XP updated (SP2, etc.) run frequent virus scans and I'm otherwise a good person. After attempting to use a USB KVM switch in late October, I started getting STOP errors. They've said NDIS.SYS was the culprit, and NTSF.SYS, and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and nothing at all. I've attached the latest minidump file. It was IRQL_etc.

I just got my ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo back from ASUS. The first PCI-E slot had died, but they fixed it...maybe. I'm not sure if it's a new board or if they repaired the old one.

My troubleshooting strategy to date:

I've run chkdsk and found no problems.

I've run memtest86 3.4 and it did find errors, but to be honest, I can't interpret the error summary report (nor can I find a darn thing anywhere that tells me how to do that).

I've looked at my IRQ status, disabled my firewire ports (unused) and now only IRQ 22 is shared between one IDE controller and the PCI to USB host controller.

I've blown out all the USB devices and let WinXP reinstall them, thinking that it was the USB KVM switch that somehow corrupted my USB drivers.

The minidump file is from after all of the above troubleshooting.

Any help will be appreciated!

I forgot to mention that I've updated all my drivers, too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.