The solution involved reinstalling the WAN Miniport (PPTP) driver. Here's how I did it:
1. Go to device manager and select "Show Hidden Devices" under the View menu.
2. Expand Network adapters. You should see the WAN Miniport (PPTP)
3. Try right clicking on it and uninstalling it. More than likely it won't allow you to. To get around this update the driver to something "uninstallable" like the MAC Bridge. To do this right click on it and select update driver. Choose no to look on windows update. Then choose to specify a location. Next choose dont search. Next unselect show compatible hardware and find the MAC Bridge under Microsoft. Force it to install it. After thats done you should be able to uninstall your new 'MAC Bridge Miniport."
4. Now that it's gone, lets reinstall it. Go fetch the devcon.exe package from Microsoft (Search for devcon.exe on google) and extract it somewhere.
5. Go to the command prompt / console (cmd.exe) and get to the folder with devcon.exe in it.
6. Run this command: devcon.exe install c:\windows\inf\netrasa.inf MS_PptpMiniport
7. Go back to the device manager. You should see the WAN Miniport (PPTP) back.