here at my work place they use a wireless connection but non-broadcasting. i have administrative permission to use on both wi-fi computers (desktop and laptop) the only thing is when you go to connect with wizard, usually you will see broadcasting networks within range like if you are ate Burger king, but my problem is that my desk top and laptop do not show anything within range. My work administrator took a look at my laptop and tried to get the network to broadcast but could not. His laptop shows the network and he automatically connects. I have ip addresses etc that was assigned to me by administrator to input manually but still does not work. What do I do:?:

Since this is a workplace problem, the system administrator is the person to sort it out. The information you require is the SSID and the encryption password to enter into computers' WiFi adaptors. Note that these have to be entered correctly and are case sensitive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.