Hi, i have just installed a new network, a NETFEAR one, i have it on my laptop because i have an in built wireless searcher thing. I also have 2 WG111, which are a mp3 player size that you plug into the back of the PC via usb and it can connect to wireles networks, It wont connect sometimes and when it does, it still trys to dial to connect to the internet, i was wondering if you knew how i could reslove my probelm,

Thanks,
Richard Hollingworth

please reply

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What are you trying to use you're network for? What have you installed on the laptop? Presuming you using windows XP, have you run the network setup wizard on all 3 computers?

As for dialling to the internet - you've done something wrong there and it shouldnt be the mp3 sticks doing that. What do you do before / see on screen when it try's dialling the internet? When you say it sometimes connects - how do you know?

Sorry for all the Q's, but its hard to pin-point what you mean

What are you trying to use you're network for? What have you installed on the laptop? Presuming you using windows XP, have you run the network setup wizard on all 3 computers?

As for dialling to the internet - you've done something wrong there and it shouldnt be the mp3 sticks doing that. What do you do before / see on screen when it try's dialling the internet? When you say it sometimes connects - how do you know?

Sorry for all the Q's, but its hard to pin-point what you mean

Hi, we are trying to use our network for the internet on all computers, on my laptop all i did click: (all the pc's and laptops use Windows XP)
Start
Control Panel
Network and Internet Connections
Network Connections
Wireless Network Connection,
Clicked on my network
typed in the code
and i was on

I havent run the network setup on any pc, because mine didnt need doing.

For the other pc's (not mine) i am using these:
http://www.netgear.com/Products/Adapters/GWirelessAdapters/WG111.aspx

When i have connected to the network by the WG111 ( i know i have because i have checked the network setup on my pc where it says who and what computer is connected)
When i try and connect to the internet, i click on start and then internet explorer, to try and open the internet, however we were on broadband before so it is saying; No internet connection, no dial tone can be found.

I hope this helps,
any more questions
dont hesitiate to ask
thanks
Richard Hollingworth
(reply back)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.