Hi all
I got a netgear router and im using aol to connect with it but my computer doesnt find the modem and it finds the aol modem. The netgear says it a basic setup using the cd provided but ive been reading and playing with it for about an hour i try and connect and i get error + my computer doesnt detect the modem and it detects the aol modem. im not sure what the setting have to be at or what to change anyone got any help ful tips on using netgear modem router with aol through the explorer browser. Hope you can help. please.

greenhouse

Hi

I am a bit confused by your posting but I'll try and help. There are a few questions below

Hi all
I got a netgear router and im using aol to connect with it but my computer doesnt find the modem

Do you mean modem or router ?

and it finds the aol modem.

I assume you still have aol modem plugged into your computer ?

The netgear says it a basic setup using the cd provided but ive been reading and playing with it for about an hour i try and connect and i get error + my computer doesnt detect the modem

and it detects the aol modem. im not sure what the setting have to be at or what to change anyone got any help ful tips on using netgear modem router with aol through the explorer browser. Hope you can help. please.

greenhouse

Assuming your netgear router has an in built modem then you should be able to connect it straight to broadband without aol modem. However Aol will tell you that it does not support all modem/routers

To set up router you need to connect it to ADSL filter and to your computer with network cable.

Then go to Internet explorer and logon to router, by typing in ip number of router in URL space. (found in manual)

Then logon to router with user name and password which come with router and you will find in manual.

There is usually an option for the router to do most of the setup for you, again check manual.

Then you will need to enter your aol user name and password.

And all should work.

If no auto setup available then ring aol helpdesk and ask them to help. I have found them very helpful.

Good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.