I'm hoping someone can help. For a long time I've been having the computer randomly restart or freeze; especially when backing up my computer to a network drive the computer freezes. I was informed it was the PSU; and so as of recently I replaced it with a brand new PSU unfortunatley the problem persists.

There are only two issues the GPU or RAM and I'm leaning on the advice given was wrong; although maybe it helped to some extent. Although to eliminate the problem competely I must replace all the RAM DIMMS ? Assuming the RAM DIMMS got destroyed but; when doing a Memory Test with MemTest x86 the results were error free.

What is the cause of this problem so as I can eliminate it, for good ?

More info on the problem; the screen will go black; the computer will restart or as mentioned when backing up to a NAS. The computer can operate for hours and hours sometimes before the screen goes black or restarts.

I've checked event log etc. If this helps, some programs that run in the notification area have occasional animated icons; when I must restart the computer those notification icons stop animating they stick.

What if for months I was over heating the CPU due to circumstances I couldn't resolve the issue immediately before applying a better CPU cooler and since then this problem has been persistant. Could RAM DIMMS have got destroyed; GPU or parts of the motherboard ? Prior to that, never experienced this problem.

I'm running Windows Memory Diagnostics; in hopes, it gives me an error. If there is no error then I don't know what hardware is failing I'm a a loss.

When download a large file or backing up my computer, it's typical the computer restarts; if this information helps ?

I've checked event log etc. If this helps, some programs that run in the notification area have occasional animated icons; when I must restart the computer those notification icons stop animating they stick.

I was asking about the event log to understand if there is a report of something crashing while these processes are running, like a driver or a PCI resource conflict. Have you added or changed hardware since this issue raised?

When download a large file or backing up my computer, it's typical the computer restarts; if this information helps ?

It could be the network adapter, see if you can find a tool to make a specific diagnostic of it, as suggested before. However to be sure about the integrity of the card you should test another one or, if attached to a PCI interface, try to move it to another slot and see if it makes any difference (in case of resource conflict).

@downvoter
I don't know what to do with a downvote, downvote if you want, but explain me what's wrong with my answer, otherwise I cannot improve. Thank you!

Hi,
I have a better broker that can be accessible anywhere around the world with no withdrawals issue. He trades with an amazing strategy that brings profitable outcome, with enhanced robot systems that generate 8/10 wins per day,He Trades for people too especially with low knowledge of binary and hold seminars and teaches business techniques, contact me directly via emai(matt-ryerson@gmx.us

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.