I'm hoping someone can help. For a long time I've been having the computer randomly restart or freeze; especially when backing up my computer to a network drive the computer freezes. I was informed it was the PSU; and so as of recently I replaced it with a brand new PSU unfortunatley the problem persists.

There are only two issues the GPU or RAM and I'm leaning on the advice given was wrong; although maybe it helped to some extent. Although to eliminate the problem competely I must replace all the RAM DIMMS ? Assuming the RAM DIMMS got destroyed but; when doing a Memory Test with MemTest x86 the results were error free.

What is the cause of this problem so as I can eliminate it, for good ?

More info on the problem; the screen will go black; the computer will restart or as mentioned when backing up to a NAS. The computer can operate for hours and hours sometimes before the screen goes black or restarts.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Have you run a full slate of diagnostics on all the hardware?

I've checked event log etc. If this helps, some programs that run in the notification area have occasional animated icons; when I must restart the computer those notification icons stop animating they stick.

What if for months I was over heating the CPU due to circumstances I couldn't resolve the issue immediately before applying a better CPU cooler and since then this problem has been persistant. Could RAM DIMMS have got destroyed; GPU or parts of the motherboard ? Prior to that, never experienced this problem.

I'm running Windows Memory Diagnostics; in hopes, it gives me an error. If there is no error then I don't know what hardware is failing I'm a a loss.

When download a large file or backing up my computer, it's typical the computer restarts; if this information helps ?

I've checked event log etc. If this helps, some programs that run in the notification area have occasional animated icons; when I must restart the computer those notification icons stop animating they stick.

I was asking about the event log to understand if there is a report of something crashing while these processes are running, like a driver or a PCI resource conflict. Have you added or changed hardware since this issue raised?

When download a large file or backing up my computer, it's typical the computer restarts; if this information helps ?

It could be the network adapter, see if you can find a tool to make a specific diagnostic of it, as suggested before. However to be sure about the integrity of the card you should test another one or, if attached to a PCI interface, try to move it to another slot and see if it makes any difference (in case of resource conflict).

@downvoter
I don't know what to do with a downvote, downvote if you want, but explain me what's wrong with my answer, otherwise I cannot improve. Thank you!

Hi,
I have a better broker that can be accessible anywhere around the world with no withdrawals issue. He trades with an amazing strategy that brings profitable outcome, with enhanced robot systems that generate 8/10 wins per day,He Trades for people too especially with low knowledge of binary and hold seminars and teaches business techniques, contact me directly via emai(matt-ryerson@gmx.us

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.