Hi,
I am using windows Xp home edition. I need to activate the Windows-xp within 30 days. So, to overcome this problem i took the drive backup where i had installed windows Xp. But, when i restore it back in DOS mode the number of days left for activating is not changing.
Suggest any idea idea so that when i backup a drive and restore it back, the number of days left for acivation should not be changed.
Ex: I take the backup when days reamining for activation is say 29. I restore that backup file when days reamining for activation is say 8. When i restore it should show activation time time to 29 days only.

i am using norton ghost for taking and restoring the backup and file format is .GHO (ex: backup.GHO)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

just activate the system. otherwise it is piracy

just activate the system. otherwise it is piracy

Microsoft does not provide more than 10 activations. But now acivation limit is over. Thats I need a solution for my problem..... Also I am using licenced version of Windows Xp then how can it be piracy..... :-O

in that case you have to call microsoft, explain your situation and activate by phone.
I have done that quite a few times, and they are quite flexible, if you really purchased the system

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.