I am having an issue where the the option for network adapter is not being displayed in the device manager. I've alway had a network adapter displayed in the task bar and out of a sudden I can not see this display. could it be that my NIC card may have gone bad? Even in that event, shouldn't network adapter appear in the list under device manager? Any input will be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Actually the Problem You Are Telling Is Because Of Driver Damage. So I Will Offer You To Just reinstall The Driver And If The Problem Persist Just Insert Bootable Disk Of Xp Or Vista And Roll BAck It To Previous Check point.

The problem is when I go to device manager I do not see the category for Network Adapter. This make it difficult to re-install the driver or roll it back. Can I reinstall the network adapter driver via the window xp installation cd rom?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.