I'm having a couple of problems and am not sure what to do.

Problem 1:

Upon bootup, I get an error message saying that RegCure can't run. When reporting this to Microsoft, I checked the details on the message, was sent to Eventvwr, found the right line, and checked the properties of the error message. It said:

Windows cannot access the file c:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program OLE32 Extensions for Win32 because of this error.

re: network connection - I can access other computers on the network just fine, and they can access me.

re: disk filed is stored on: chkdsk finds no errors

re: disk missing: not an issue.

This leads me to problem 2:

I downloaded a replacement urlmon.dll to reinstall it, and find that Windows Explorer (not Internet explorer) won't work. When checking out this error message, I get the same information about the same file.

I've had to find some documents I've needed using the cmd line (I knew there was a reason to give up DOS), but really need to be able to get to Windows Explorer.

Any suggestions on how to fix any or all of this with Windows Explorer being out of commission?

Thanks in advance!

Isn't there anyone who can give me a clue what's going on here? I'm desperate!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.