Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Lopezej

You can always create different user account enabling password login where other account users would not be able to access the folder you want to lock.

I don't think xp has any options to put a password to a specific folders on the hard drive.

Raj

You can always create different user account enabling password login where other account users would not be able to access the folder you want to lock.

I don't think xp has any options to put a password to a specific folders on the hard drive.

Raj

Thanks, Raj.

You can use TrueCrypt, and create a file that you can "mount" (using TrueCrypt software) as a Virtual Partition on your Windows Xp, password protected of course. There are a number of different scenarios that you can use with this software. It runs from a flash drive without requiring any installation (so you can have your trucrypt file on your flash drive). Did I mention that is open-source ;)

http://www.truecrypt.org

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.