How can I add a password or otherwise restrict access to one of the folders on a hard disk? I am using Windows XP.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You can always create different user account enabling password login where other account users would not be able to access the folder you want to lock.

I don't think xp has any options to put a password to a specific folders on the hard drive.

Raj

You can always create different user account enabling password login where other account users would not be able to access the folder you want to lock.

I don't think xp has any options to put a password to a specific folders on the hard drive.

Raj

Thanks, Raj.

No problem man, i tried doing it a while back, thought maybe it ll work but nope.

Raj

Member Avatar for lopezejve

You can use TrueCrypt, and create a file that you can "mount" (using TrueCrypt software) as a Virtual Partition on your Windows Xp, password protected of course. There are a number of different scenarios that you can use with this software. It runs from a flash drive without requiring any installation (so you can have your trucrypt file on your flash drive). Did I mention that is open-source ;)

http://www.truecrypt.org

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.