I picked up the intel bundel and receieved win xp pro with SP2. im no fan of SP2. Im not happy with alot of the "new" features that take away my access to the system and how intrusive it is. i havent installed the disk yet, becauase ive been trying to figure out how to remove it when it comes preinstalled? Is it as easy as removing a hot fix? or is it possible?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Best left alone,Get use to its what i think are great features !just my opinion !
It should show up in ,add and remove programs in you control panel .its in my pr-einstalld new computer

If you haven't yet encountered a PC which has SP2 on a fresh, clean install, then I'd suggest you go right ahead, install the thing, and surprise yourself! Most of the so-called 'problems' with SP2 relate to systems which already had problems, or software which really needs updating ;)

Windows XP with SP2 is a 'must', in my opinion.

Yes this would be a fresh isntall of SP2 even onto a nonAMD system ive seen enough of those die, but there is a lot of features added into SP2 i dont like it takes away alot of my right to choose and being a technician it takes away alot of access and tricks i used to repair machines in windows im finding that im restoring alot more machines when before i could go in and repair the issues.

don't try to hijack other peoples' threads macman. It's rude.

as to SP2, better get used to it. After SP1 was released there were a lot of people who screamed they would never install it.
Those same people were the ones who afterwards screamed that Windows was so full of security leaks whenever they got hit with trojans and other malware which would have never gotten onto their systems had they but installed SP1.
Now with SP2 it's the same thing all over again.

Much of that malware is of course distributed by the P2P networks they use to download pirated software and music...

Yes this would be a fresh isntall of SP2 even onto a nonAMD system ive seen enough of those die, but there is a lot of features added into SP2 i dont like it takes away alot of my right to choose and being a technician it takes away alot of access and tricks i used to repair machines in windows im finding that im restoring alot more machines when before i could go in and repair the issues.

Not being a tech myself I was just wonder what type of access and tips you are refering to !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.