Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by aquarius

Go to the Start Menu, then to Settings, then to the Control Panel. Go to Administrative Tools. Click on Error Log.

i see nothing called error log in administrative tools. if its not shown, is there something i can do to enable it so i can get all the error reports?

Go to the Start Menu, then to Settings, then to the Control Panel. Go to Administrative Tools. Click on Error Log. then open event viewer and i THINK this is what youre looking for mooseboy84

OOOPPPSSS sorry mooseboy hope you read this in time dont click error log just event viewer

sorry CSCGAL if im wrong as im just a novice but im TRYING to help

I am not certain if this works in XP, but my favorite tool in Windows 2000 is the compmgmt.msc tool. It will let you see all sorts of information -- logs, system information, and disks. It will also allow you to add/delete local users (assuming you have authority on the box to do so!).

Another good tool is the perfmon.msc for performance monitoring.

enjoy.

Christian

You could also right mouse-click on 'My Computer' icon and go MANAGE
then select EVENTVIEWER. The following logs can be displayed (works in WinXP,Win2000):-

System
Application
Security

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.