I have recently started having problems were I suddenly am presented with a blue screen your computer has encountered an error and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage ... It usually says something to the effect of uninstall new software or hardware, I have not installed any new hardware or software lately. It also sometimes says disable disk caching or shadowing?? At times it is worse than others, sometimes I cant even start-up without getting the screen, other times I can use the pc for hours with no issues. XP Pro is right up to date with all updates. Virus checking always up to date. I have run a registry check, spyware checks etc. etc. everything seems to be clean, even did a defrag. Im frustrated.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What are the error codes you get usually ?? Error codes are of the format 0x000000aa where aa is any number.

Blue screen errors are usually generated by hardware conflicts or malfunctioning ... So get the error n you'll know what hardware is creating problems for you.

Thank you. I just encountered two seperate messages back-to-back. In the first instance Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area. Check to make sure new hardware or software is properly installed... Disable disk caching/ shadowing... Technical info: ***Stop:0x00000050, (0xee879000,0x00000000,0x8050622e,0x00000000). Begining dump of physical memory. Contact sys admin or tech support group.

In the second instance instead of check hardware software, it stated check for adequate disk space, or if driver identified (one was not that I am aware of) disable it, try changing video adapters... Technical info: ***Stop:0x0000008e (0xc000001d, 0x804e16ad, 0xee9e8af8, 0x00000000)

Any help greatly appreciated. This Dell laptop is just over 1 year-old. never purchased extended support or warranty and now I start encountering all these problems. If I can manage to get booted up, it usually only lasts a short time. Thankfully I have an old p2 which has been serving me well for many years as a back-up.

Bump. Anyone?

What peripherals, if any have been attached? Have you tried a system restore back to a date before this started happening? It might very well be a corrupted driver update that took place.

Also, check out this link, which details most common blue screen errors:
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

hey i just had the same problem two weeks ago.

only difference is, my laptop could not start ever since.

any ideas???

Hi Kong Kek Kuat,

First of all- welcome to DaniWeb :)

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, troubleshooting steps you've already tried, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_policies

Thanks for understanding.

Due to the fact that the member who originally started this thread has not responded in over 1 year, this thread is considered abandoned and has been closed.

In accordance with our posting rules, other members having similar questions or problems need to start their own threads and post their questions there.
In order to help us help you most quickly, please include as much information about your problem as possible in your posts.

If the member who originally started this thread wishes to have the thread reopened, please send your request, including a link to this thread, to one of our moderators via email or Private Message.

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.