Ok I have a wiered problem here. I am repairing Windows XP with the Windows XP Disk because some of my windows files got erased somehow. Anyways, the windows xp disk will start the computer fine and half way through the setup called "Installing Devices" the keyboard and mouse will cut out and I will get a message saying i need to insert my modem disk because windows needs the driver. Well, the mouse won't work, so I just insereted the disk. WIndows asks me then to press OK, but the mouse and keyboard still don't work. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Ok I have a wiered problem here. I am repairing Windows XP with the Windows XP Disk because some of my windows files got erased somehow. Anyways, the windows xp disk will start the computer fine and half way through the setup called "Installing Devices" the keyboard and mouse will cut out and I will get a message saying i need to insert my modem disk because windows needs the driver. Well, the mouse won't work, so I just insereted the disk. WIndows asks me then to press OK, but the mouse and keyboard still don't work. Any suggestions?

I'd just take it at a loss & just Format & start from scratch.

Ha ha. funny story how i fixed the problem without having to totally reformat it. I found this cheezy PS/2 (i think thats what the connection is called) keyboard from like 8 years ago and pluged it into the keyboard connection spot on the back of my computer. It worked!!!! :lol:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.