I have a Kingston 256 MB flash drive. I have not used in for months. Today I went to use it and could not separate it. I checked and it's in the unlocked position. I pulled until my eyes popped but to no avail.

Other than whacking it with a hammer do you have any idea as to what the problem is.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The cap that covers over the USB plug is stuck on?

Does it look like this?

Yes it does with a little latch on the side which supposedly is a lock. I have the lock in the open position but the thingy will not pull apart.

I think the lock it to prevent anything from being deleted from the drive not to lock the drive cover

I agree with caperjack. Generally, switches on a USB drive are for write protection purposes. I guess the cover might have got warped somehow. Try prying off the cover gently.

albatrosss, try doing as goldeagle suggested. Use a very skinny flat blade screwdriver to try to slowly pry the cap off.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.