Hey i have windows xp on my laptop and this is wat happens... when i start up the system the first thing that shows is.. the sony logo .. then it tells me if i wanna start it on normal mode, safe mode, last configure mode.. and 2 others.. i will post later. then i put normal and it shows the Windows Xp logo and stays there for ever!!! ... if i start on the safe mode it works .. but i dont know wat to do.. PLZ HELP... and one more thing.. i cannot loose all my files.. they are my stepdad's they are really important..

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by CriTiCeRz

Hey i have windows xp on my laptop and this is wat happens... when i start up the system the first thing that shows is.. the sony logo .. then it tells me if i wanna start it on normal mode, safe mode, last configure mode.. and 2 others.. i will post later. then i put normal and it shows the Windows Xp logo and stays there for ever!!! ... if i start on the safe mode it works .. but i dont know wat to do.. PLZ HELP... and one more thing.. i cannot loose all my files.. they are my stepdad's they are really important..

Did u installed any software or hardware(drivers) b4 this problem occured, if yes go to safe mode and uninstall it

i kind of didnt get wat u said.. can u tell me which step i have to take ... and yes my SAFE mode works... no i did not install anything... HELPPPP. lol ... remember that i cannot erase any of the files its in the computer i mean my documents since they are really important..

i kind of didnt get wat u said.. can u tell me which step i have to take ... and yes my SAFE mode works... no i did not install anything... HELPPPP. lol ... remember that i cannot erase any of the files its in the computer i mean my documents since they are really important..

Or else press F8 while booting and select "Last Good Known Configuration" and press enter

Or else press F8 while booting and select "Last Good Known Configuration" and press enter

I tried doing it but.. it would do the same thing. stay there for ever. i will try system restore now. thxxx everyone! :cheesy:

I tried doing it but.. it would do the same thing. stay there for ever. i will try system restore now. thxxx everyone! :cheesy:

If u got ur XP Cd with u try repairing the OS, u wont lose any of ur data while repairing

well right now im going to do a recovery and then try to install a good anti-virus... i think this is a virus not an error.

Put in your Windows XP CD, Boot it, go to Recovery, then at the prompt type help and there will be a list of options. Choose the one that writes a new master boot record, i believe its fixmbr

one lil problem.... i gotta find the cd... i dont really know if i have it.. ill check.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.