I reinstalled windows due to it not being able to start all the sudden. Anyways. There is varois things in my old desktop and Aplication data folder from my old account, that is VERy important and I NEED ( Mainly my E-mail's)

Here's the thing, when i try to acess
C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\Application Data
C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\Desktop
C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\Local Settings

Aplication data and local settings are both hidden folders, Desktop is just the regular Desktop folder, and "\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\" Is my old account folder from before I re-installed windows.

Whenever I try to view any three of these folder I get this message
"C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\******* Is not acessible

Acess Is denied"

It also happens on
C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\Cookies
C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP\Favorites

PLEASE HELP ME I NEED SOME OF THESE FILES ASAP, Mainly all my e-mails from thunderbird which were saved in there! Thank you!

Windows XP, SP2, NTFS file system. THANK YOU!.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What you need to do is log in as Administrator and take ownership of the
C:\Documents and Settings\Kyle.KYLE-445F7AKRPP folder and all subcontainers and objects within that folder. An explanation of the process, with screenshots of the Properties settings involved, can be found here:

http://www.le.ac.uk/cc/dsss/docs/acls2.shtml

What you need to do is log in as Administrator and take ownership of the folder and all subcontainers and objects within that folder. An explanation of the process, with screenshots of the Properties settings involved, can be found here:

http://www.le.ac.uk/cc/dsss/docs/acls2.shtml

Thanks for the link, should be a sticky I think, the times I could of done with that......

Hi, I had the same problem and was able to fix it with your advise. Thank you very much my friend, much appreciated.

P.S. TO EVERYONE - ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR WORK, TRUST ME!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.