Hi everyone. My computer had to be formatted because it had a virus and that was the only way of getting rid of it. I coudnt dave anything to disk, floppy or usb. Is there anyway of getting back some college work i had saed on it before it was formatted?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

In general, after a reformat, assuming you've opted for the unconditional format as opposed to the quick format, your work is as good as gone.

It's theoretically possible to recover data even after a disk has been unconditionally formatted. It's not easy, and may require special tools (both hardware and software). In general it's a very expensive process.

Tis why they always say back up the stuff you consider to be near and dear to you. Ha ha.

I have to agree with iamthwee. Your data is gone. Especially if you've deleted and recreated the partitions. Always, always backup your data.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.