Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cgeier

You might try the following to install the standard bluetooth COM port driver.

1. Control Panel

2. Devices and Printers (If "View by" is large icons or small icons). If "View By" is Category, then under Hardware and Sound, click "View devices and printers".

3. If you see your phone device, right-click on your phone device (ex: LG 750), and select Properties. Otherwise, on your phone go to settings, bluetooth, and check the checkbox next to "Only visible to paired devices". Then on your computer, click on "Add a device". Your phone should show up. Select it, and click "Next." Enter the pin number shown, on your phone. Click "Close" (on computer window).

4. In the Bluetooth device window, right-click the phone icon and select 'Properties'

5. Click 'Hardware' tab 

6. Click 'Properties'button

7. Click 'Change settings' button (If prompted by "User Account Control", Do you want to allow the following program...." click "Yes")

8. Click 'Update driver' button

9. Click "Browse my computer for driver software"

10. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

11. Click 'Next'

12. Scroll down until you see 'Ports (COM & LPT)'. Select 'Ports (COM & LPT)'.

13. Click 'Next'

14. For Manufacturer, select 'Microsoft'. Under Model, select 'Standard Serial over Bluetooth link'.

15. Click 'Next'

16. You will see 'Update Driver Warning...Installing this device driver is not recommended...'. Click 'Yes'

17. Click 'Close' 

18. Click 'Close'

19. Click 'OK'

Edited by cgeier: formatting

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.