Here is what happened: I ran chkdsk and after it finished and restarted the computer (windows loaded up fine) I got a message saying "windows has recovered from a serious error." I have tried running chkdsk before in the past, and got the same message.

Could someone please tell me why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

This message can happend because of a bug in the operating system which can be corrected by downloading the critical updates from www.microsoft.com/updates. There are also other reasons why this message can appear such as incompatibility between xp and other software. You can disable these messages by right clicking on the my computer icon and click on properties and then click on the advanced tab, then click on error reporting and at the popup box choose disable error reporting

I have all of the updates from Microsoft and I don't want to disable error reporting. I would like for Microsoft to know about problems so they can work on fixing them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.