I'm hoping someone out there can help me. This is my first post, so bare with me.

A friend recently asked me to help her get rid of a message that appeared everytime she booted her computer that said, "Cannot find file \\.\DRI_KBFiltr".

This is an HP Pavilion N5475 laptop. So, I uninstalled the keyboard driver and then downloaded one from HP's website. This was obviously the wrong thing to do, as Windows is now running so slow that it takes 30 mins. to fully boot. I'd love to do a system restore, but I can't even get to the "System Restore" option in the system tools menu. I can't even pull up the programs menu it is so slow. Nor can I get to the control panel.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I may get back to the original configuration? Unfortunately, she did not give me the Windows XP software. I would hate to tell her I've made it worse. Can I somehow get to dos to uninstall the driver that made this problem worse?

Thanks,

Jen

Reinstall.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.